Backflow Prevention Testing
Properly maintaining your sprinkler system can help keep it running at its best and help prevent problems from occurring that require costly repairs. The team at Rainforest Sprinklers & Lighting can provide you with the irrigation system maintenance that you require year round.
Backflow prevention testing is an important test that needs to be performed on your sprinkler system. Backflow prevention testing prevents contaminated water from the ground from entering your sprinkler system and distributing harmful things like pesticides and fertilizers on your lawn. A lot of things can cause backflow, like reduced water pressure, burst or frozen pipes and fluctuating temperatures throughout the year.
It is impossible to determine if backflow is occurring with your sprinkler system because the system will continue to work properly. The only way to determine if your backflow prevention valve is working properly is to have it professionally tested. A backflow prevention test is a very involved process that is best done by someone with many years’ experience conducting the test.
What A Backflow Prevention Test Includes:
- Gather the information we need about your sprinkler system
- Set up a testing time and date – you don’t even need to be home for this as long as your sprinkler is on!
- Check your valves including control valves that are locked or supervised
- Conduct a full forward flow test to ensure it’s operating properly
- Compile a test report that includes all the required information
- Submit the test report on your behalf and send you a copy
- Input the test results into our system so that we have a digital record that can be referenced going forward
- Reschedule your next annual backflow prevention testing
If your backflow prevention device isn’t operating properly and your lawn is experiencing backflow, the experts at Rainforest can help solve the problem. Every sprinkler system that we install for our London and Sarnia customers is outfitted with a backflow prevention device which varies by sprinkler system brand. This is why we recommend having the irrigation system experts from Rainforest conduct a professional backflow prevention test that ensures all the proper standards and safety requirements are being met.
Please contact Rainforest Sprinklers & Lighting to set up your backflow prevention test.